AVIC411.com

Ripping music from iTunes to CD to hard drive

A thousand apologies if this has been dealt with before, but I couldn't find it with a search, and I have followed the forum for quite a while and I don't believe I have seen this before.

I have a couple of playlists on iTunes that I would like to put on the hard drive so that I can free up my iPod memory for more transitory podcasts. Is there any way to take music from an iTunes playlist (both downloaded from iTunes and from my own CDs), burn it to a CD, and then load the music from the CD to the AVIC hard drive?

I don't currently have Nero, but use CDBurnerXP.

Thanks for any help y'all can give.

• 1 month later...

Only if you burn it to CD using a standard audiodisc format (preferably with CD-text so you don't have to type in all the titles by hand afterwards), meaning you won't get much more then 12-15 tracks on a CD ....

I finally just went ahead and tried it, starting with just a few tracks. It does work, and I got an average of 20 tracks per CD, even using CD-text, which I do recommend using.

Now I have a new question. I had hoped after loading my bestmix playlist (several hundred tracks from multiple genres) on the hard drive to set up one favorites group with all of those tracks so that I could play them randomly. However, my Z1 handbook says that Gracenote only allows 99 tracks per favorite group. I have since updated to one of garrettomey's new harddrives with the Z3 Gracenote update. Does anyone know if a Gracenote update that is about a year old will allow more tracks than 99 per favorite group?