AVIC411.com

About to order a 90bt, need some info

I'm about to order an avic-90bt tomorrow, and I'd like some info on it. First, is it worth it? I'll be getting it at about 650 or so, I'm coming from my baby, an alpine cda-9815, had it for years and years and years without any problems whatsoever. Just wanting to upgrade a little. More than likely the one I'll get will have the 2.0 update,What's the problem rate on the units that has the new update pre-installed on it, such as powering off by itself, and the screen becoming un-responsive. Second, I've been reading about people having problems with the loading of the ipods on startup, but has anyone had any problems with the 3rd gen nano? Just wondering since it's a flash memory based instead of a hard drive ipod if it will have any problems. It will be going in a 93 s-10 blazer, I know it's only a 1.5 din hole, but I've put double dins in 1.5 din holes before. already measured and it will go with just a little modding on the dash trim piece. Third, I know there's not a remote sensor for it, but would a pioneer remote and the remote eye from another dvd player with the 1/8 jack work?