AVIC411.com

AVIC F-900BT - Locked up/unresponsive after 2.0 update

Before i tried the Firmware update 2.0 - i was having some issues with the USB and SD being recognized when both plugged in. In the past 2 days it would recognize them but not play anything.

I decided to do the Firmware 2.0 update (i did the 1st firmware update with no problems).. I did the update and the TTS update but couldn't access the bluetooth update, the phone touch button didnt work. Then i noticed just about everything stopped working. On boot up it wont come off the splash screen unless i hit the menu button. I have no volume, there is a dvd that wont eject, the map doesnt come on, cant get to any of the settings menus, etc.

after trying the reset + eject button when it failed to produce any results; it eventually after 2-3x came up with a windows CE message stating that the application failed to launch, and option to restore factory settings. First i sad no.. but after no more progress, i eventually hit yes. I waited the thing out while i figured it was doing something, to only have the same results.

The only mod i have done is the bypass (wired).

I just redownloaded update 2.0 in hopes that there may have been corrupted data, and will now hopefully have a better install.

But if the next attempt doesnt work i am at a loss, and am requesting help from any of you may have come across this. If this is something i can fix by hacking, with your advice/scripts i should be able to get it.

last attempt didnt work, i guess it doesnt update if it is already 2.000000000000000000. The system service info says it is 2.0. Is there a common fix for this?, like should i have disabled the bypass? Is there a way to bring it back to the last update i did? or original factory defaults?

Jimmy, if you want to give it a try, I have a copy of a virgin factory 2.0 flash drive from the 700 series online that I can give you access to. I also have the files for the speed / redlight camera option enabled. If you want to try copying my files across. Just Pm me with a quick note and your email address and I'll send you an invite with the link to my files.

Jimmy, if you want to give it a try, I have a copy of a virgin factory 2.0 flash drive from the 700 series online that I can give you access to. I also have the files for the speed / redlight camera option enabled. If you want to try copying my files across. Just Pm me with a quick note and your email address and I'll send you an invite with the link to my files.

Do you know if somebody have the f900's firmware (factory flash)

where I'can find it

thanx

• 2 weeks later...