AVIC411.com

F700BT not recognizing USB Devices?

What's up everyone

I just got my new 700 installed today, and was trying to connect a USB device. However, when I plug the USB device in the light for it comes on, but the USB source option is still grayed out. (I have tried my 8GB flash drive and an Insignia MP3 Player) All the devices I have tried have been FAT32.

I have tried to leave it plugged in and restart, plug it in while on, etc.

Anyone else had this issue? I looked around in the search and only found a couple threads which didnt really answer my question. I have not done any hacks or mods (yet).

ok, update.

First off, I tried an SD card and seems to work fine. I am using a Lexar SD card I bought from Target and it works flawlessly.

With USB, I tried 2 more devices - a SanDisk Cruzer USB thumb drive and a SanDisk MP3 Player. Both at least connected, but both of them ended up making the AVIC freeze up multiple times, and the music stopped playing once.

Also, in browsing my results in the search function on here a little more, I saw that someone else had a problem with a Geek Squad 8GB flash drive - leads me to believe the AVIC doesn't like Geek Squad Drives. I also used my Insignia MP3 Player which is also a Best Buy brand device, and it also did not work.

So I have used 2 MP3 Players, and 2 flash drives - no success so far. I am going to post a new topic looking for flash drive suggestions.

I had similar problems. When my SD was in, it wouldnt recognize the USB, or if the USB was plugged in at the startup. The way i found it worked was if (after the system has been booted), plug in my USB (give it time to bring up the list), then insert the SD... I know you have probably tried this already, but i am throwing out there on the slim chance it hasnt been done.

• 2 months later...