AVIC411.com

Hi Guys,

Just got a new Avic-F700BT, got it installed and everything. The Voice Recognition works perfectly with the iPod, and switching sources, however I cannot make calls through VR using a name, for example "Call John Smith." It just does not understand. I can however say "Call 555-555-5555"

I have an iPhone 3G, 2.2.1, and have updated the bluetooth, and firmware version to 2.0, and I have already transfered the phone book.

Is there something I'm missing?

Do the names you transferred look right? pay attention to first name/last name issues, if they're backwards that may be part of it.

The iphone is particular in the way you have the names displayed when you transfer it, and that the names be formatted correctly.

It does work when you have it right, I say "Call Andrea" and it indeed, calls Andrea..

That did it. I switched it to import with First names first, and it started working. I also removed all the extra characters like (, ), and &.

Thanks so much!

is there a setting to switch from first to last name??

Not on the AVIC, it pulls from the phone, and for some phones they way you display on the phone gets transferred to the AVIC, iphones in particular are picky about this.

That did it. I switched it to import with First names first, and it started working. I also removed all the extra characters like (, ), and &.

Thanks so much!

is there a setting to switch from first to last name??

Not on the AVIC, it pulls from the phone, and for some phones they way you display on the phone gets transferred to the AVIC, iphones in particular are picky about this.

i am going to try & label last name first on my cell & resend them from my blackberry hopefully it will work.