AVIC411.com

Custom VR Screen help

Okay I found the Skin folder in APL2> Skins and i know we can replace the background pics and the buttons...

But what confuses me is that the buttons in this folder are stacked up, like so do I edit them all like that? or can i replace it with a single icon.

Also with the corner pics... can i go into photoshop and just delete the image so hopefully they wont show up in the background?

Finally, I wanna replace the thumb slider too but i read somewhere that bmp files cannot be made transparent (to show the slider behind it). Is that true?

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ght=custom

If you scroll down to Indy's screen (very clean setup), you will noticed that he did that with his Mazda symbol. I also really want his Listening Icon and Voice recognition text anyone know where I can find that?

Hey superman.

I too am working on modding this screen. From what I can determine, no, you can't just delete the files you don't want to use. Look inside your .xml file. It lists the name, size, and position for many of the .bmp files for the TTS screen. I am thinking (could be totally wrong for all I know), that you would need to either make a .bmp transparent (yes you can do that with Photoshop or Gimp), or replace it with one you like. So far, I have just modified the original .bmps to match my mod. You might try editing the .xml to reflect your changes... say you don't want to have the corner piece, you could create a new 1x1 pixel file (with a color to match your theme) and named corner1.bmp, then edit the .xml sections about the image size and position. That's a long way around it if you don't have the ability to do transparencies.

I guess we will learn this together. :) I have not messed with the stacked buttons yet, so I can't offer an opinion on that issue. Good luck... to both of us. LOL

when the VR screen comes up and the "status loop" on the top left that shows its listening it on, it shows my custom images but only after it starts listening on the first lit up block. i hope this makes sense.

the first image while shes saying "say a command" it shows the original pacman style but once shes actually listening it goes to my images...

how can i get it to show my image initially...?

when the VR screen comes up and the "status loop" on the top left that shows its listening it on, it shows my custom images but only after it starts listening on the first lit up block. i hope this makes sense.

the first image while shes saying "say a command" it shows the original pacman style but once shes actually listening it goes to my images...

how can i get it to show my image initially...?

I had the same problem until I realized the background.bmp has the stupid pacman image on it. I updated that and everything looks good now.