AVIC411.com

Finally took pic's!

Whoa Versa owners!

Looks good! The install was very simple.. where did you put your GPS antenna?? If you're creative, its probably where mine is, too. I have a f90bt in mine.

If you're looking for a Versa forum, this one is great..

http://www.nissanversa.org/

ScottDoom..

I pulled mine off by hand. Just lift it up firmly and then pull it towards you. Should snap right out.

In fact I just pulled it straight up firmly and cautiously and it eventually snapped out.. good thing nothing broke. I wish I would have knew to pull it forward the first time.

post-24392-12872757345177_thumb.jpg

I put my antenna right behind the radio antenna on the roof of the car. I think it looks good and not very noticeable and of course I get great reception. When I get a chance I'll post a pic.

Awesome. I was really concerned about where I was going to put the antenna and I really wasn't looking forward to running wires everywhere. I started brainstorming and decided to put it in the dash on top of the little cubby. Works great!

So you put the antenna right on top of that little "cabinet" thing above the deck slot?

I must be pretty dumb because I didn't realize how many diferent things I would need to find a place for. I'm talking about the GPS antenna, microphone, and USB cable of course.

Since you guys have a Versa like me, where did you end up putting these?

I think I will put my antenna inside the dash since that seems to work fine, although I might just have it up on the dash in the far front of the shelf near the windshield.

I want the USB cable to go through to the inside of that "cabinet" or the glove compartment but I have no idea how easy that will be. Will I need to drill a hole?

For the mic, I have no idea. Any suggestions would be great.

So you put the antenna right on top of that little "cabinet" thing above the deck slot?

I must be pretty dumb because I didn't realize how many diferent things I would need to find a place for. I'm talking about the GPS antenna, microphone, and USB cable of course.

Since you guys have a Versa like me, where did you end up putting these?

I think I will put my antenna inside the dash since that seems to work fine, although I might just have it up on the dash in the far front of the shelf near the windshield.

I want the USB cable to go through to the inside of that "cabinet" or the glove compartment but I have no idea how easy that will be. Will I need to drill a hole?

For the mic, I have no idea. Any suggestions would be great.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=388538

I have a few more pictures in there. I put my mic on top of my steering column and it works great there. It was totally easy to run the wire, just have a friend drop the mic down inside the dash and go to the floor on the driver's side and pull it thru up to the steering column. You might need small hands, but you'll see what I mean when you get to it.

As for your first question, yes, it is mounted right on top of the little cabinet. Great reception for me. There are a lot of options, but I just wanted it hidden. 8)

Here is the tutorial I used to drill into the cabinet. I ran my USB and Ipod cable thru it. It was pretty easy. Skip the steps with the glove compartment.

http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=267206

I installed it last night/this morning. I think it took me around 3 hours. It was my first stereo install ever, and I was pretty impressed at the job I did. Very clean.

I drilled a hole into my cubby for the USB cable, but I couldn't find a grommet to fill the hole. So, to keep he USB cable from slipping back down and into the dash, I used electrical tape on the bottom side. Haha. Kind of ghetto, but it can't be seen and does the job.

I put the GPS antenna on top of the cubby inside the dash, as you mentioned. I haven't tested it too much yet, so I hope it works...

Also, I opted to not even install the mic. I didn't want to bother with finding a location, and I don't ever plan on using the Bluetooth to make calls and I don't own an iPod.

I loaded an 8GB SDHC card up with 1,000+ songs last night, and I've been using that. Works great, and the navigation of the files is exactly how I wanted it.