AVIC411.com

HD radio really worth the money?

Hello guys. I just got my F90bt and im considering if I should get the HD radio(100$).

Should I get the HD radio? I don't feel like paying for XM radio but want the good quality.

How good is the quality of HD radio compared to regular radio?

Are there more channels on HD compared to analog radio?

How is HD in the NYC and LI area?

thanks

Hello guys. I just got my F90bt and im considering if I should get the HD radio(100$).

Should I get the HD radio? I don't feel like paying for XM radio but want the good quality.

How good is the quality of HD radio compared to regular radio?

It is a bit better, but not earth shattering. I would rate as equal to XM

Are there more channels on HD compared to analog radio?

This will depend on where you live and how many stations support HD.

How is HD in the NYC and LI area?

Live in Arizona and I have about 16 stations.

thanks

HD radio is not totally compatable with the F series. You will get the stations, get the information and the quality of sound. You will not be able to view the station names you preset. They are simply not listed. You will however, get infomration feed scrolling when you are in the detail mode and that will include information similar to what you get with XM.

Also I think there is link somewhere saying these were now going for $50 somewhere. If you can get one for $50 that would make not having preset information tolerable.

Last .. if you want AM radio and MSN function on your unit, you will need to get a splitter for the antenna.

Note: I use mine every day and outside of not seeing the preset information I have been happy with it. Still must guess at what channel I am selecting but only listen to a couple anyway.

• 3 months later...