AVIC411.com

Settings locked on Scion xB

I just got a new scion xb today with a f900bt pre-installed. It seems like the factory locked up the system from allowing the consumer to change system settings and phone settings. How can I unlock the settings and/or flash to a new firmware? I already tried the solution on Pioneer's website to try and re-flash the firmware and nothing worked.

Thanks!

I just got a new scion xb today with a f900bt pre-installed. It seems like the factory locked up the system from allowing the consumer to change system settings and phone settings. How can I unlock the settings and/or flash to a new firmware? I already tried the solution on Pioneer's website to try and re-flash the firmware and nothing worked.

Thanks!

ah, an RS6 owner.

search around the forums for hardware bypass or software bypass, you need to bypass the settings.

Without doing one of the bypasses you won't be able to change the setting without the parking brake being set.

As for bypasses, Personally I'd recommend the hardware bypass. Being that you have to do 1/2 of it, then mod the software to get it to work. You might as well just move and ground 1 more wire and be done with it.

Without seeing exactly how your's was wired, it's a bit hard to call. But if yours was wired exactly like the manual says, you will need to engage the parking brake to enable settings to be changed. Do a search for "Hardware Bypass" and you'll find a post will photos that explain exactly how to do it. Shouldn't take much more than 5-10 minutes once you have acess to the wiring.

Okay I figured out that the E-brake has to be on. Now I have a question about doing the bypass. What does the mute wire do that it should be grounded as well? and how or where can I find out how to take the head unit out?

Thanks

You need to read the Hardware Bypass for Dummies thread, and that's not an insult, but the name of the thread. It will answer "why the mute wire" "what to do with the mute wire" "what to do with the other wires"

Scion doesn't install the AVIC "at the factory" it was done by either the dealer, or a local shop for the dealer, and they didn't do the bypass for sure, nor should they, there are safety and legal issues. However they should have hooked the parking brake lead as would be described in the installation manual.

Interesting thread. I am in the process of having the dealer research to see if they can install the new pioneer navigation system in another xb or xd for me as well. Did you purchase the Release Series XB? Does anyone know what model that Avic is ?? Hopefully the wiring harness will hook up with the new Scion XD and whatever Pionneer Avic Scion currently is providing in the Release Series.

You need to read the Hardware Bypass for Dummies thread, and that's not an insult, but the name of the thread. It will answer "why the mute wire" "what to do with the mute wire" "what to do with the other wires"

Scion doesn't install the AVIC "at the factory" it was done by either the dealer, or a local shop for the dealer, and they didn't do the bypass for sure, nor should they, there are safety and legal issues. However they should have hooked the parking brake lead as would be described in the installation manual.

I'm going to have to correct you there, but the new RS6 xB2 aka, release series 6 2nd gen xB, do come with factory installed F900BT.

http://www.scion.com/rsxb/

As for the bypass, Diane is right, no factory installed navigation has the bypass done right away.

I'm going to have to correct you there, but the new RS6 xB2 aka, release series 6 2nd gen xB, do come with factory installed F900BT.

http://www.scion.com/rsxb/

As for the bypass, Diane is right, no factory installed navigation has the bypass done right away.

wow.. very interesting, and not something I'd have even considered, thanks for the info! I'm not exactly a target market for scion