AVIC411.com

Scion XD wiring harness compatible with the Avic series ??

Just wondering if anyone out in tech land knows if the wiring harness or guts of the new Scion XD or the 09 XB are compatible with the new I BELIEVE Avic-F90BT?? Scion has released this with the new Release Series 6.0 only. However I'm asking the dealer to possibly find out if they can put this in the XD. Anyone know if it's possible??

Just wondering if anyone out in tech land knows if the wiring harness or guts of the new Scion XD or the 09 XB are compatible with the new I BELIEVE Avic-F90BT?? Scion has released this with the new Release Series 6.0 only. However I'm asking the dealer to possibly find out if they can put this in the XD. Anyone know if it's possible??

It's different. It's a standard Pioneer F900BT, with a custom boot-up screen.

I know...because I have a brand new xB with the F90BT

You would need to buy toyota harness, that attaches to the back of the unit... then you can plug right in, without disturbing the factory wires. The harness only costs about $5-$10... Check out crutchfield.com, put in your vehicle and the avic-f, it will give you a list of the things you need; you can then search them out locally or buy online.

I have the 2008 xB Release series, and had no problems with my install and the parts i bought locally. The one thing i couldnt find was a dash kit, i was about to make something custom but bought from crutchfield - fits perfectly.