AVIC411.com

Add a pause before speaking directions?

Is there any way to get the F500BT to pause about 1 second before speaking voice nav prompts? I have it wired up in my Ponitac G8, but the G8 slowly raises the volume on the input line, so I end up getting the first 1/2 to 1 word of my spoken directions cut off.

I found the voice.zip file and considered adding a 1/2 second pause before every word, but it would sound funny...

Any files that can be modified to add a short pause at the beginning of each voice prompt?

Thanks!!

Steve

Yes you could do that, but it takes some tweaking of the command list.

Every spoken command is written in the commands list, as (for e.g.)

'% MILES TURN LEFT'

Some command lines have double command lines, for e.g:

'% MILES TURN LEFT TURN LEFT'

when the first isn't available (for whatever reason) it'll go for the back-up command, in this case 'TURN LEFT'

Now, when you would make an *.ogg file (sound file) of 0,5 seconds of nothing, and name that PAUSE, than you could just add PAUSE before every instruction string.

Well I got this sorted.

It dawned on me that there's that "DING" that sounds every time you get a voice prompt.

I located the file, called !Nav_Dong.wav, and edited it to add 1.0 seconds of silence before the Ding.

Works perfect.

There are a couple phrases that do not trigger the ding, like "You are over the speed limit" and "recalculating", I might modify these to have the 1 second patuse as well, but might not. Last time I tried to modify the .ogg voice files I almost bricked the thing.