AVIC411.com

help with testmode

I poked around but didn't find an answer (probably right in front of my nose too....)

I copied the files/folders to the root of my SD card and started the HU up. It goes into a Windows environment, says copying files, then it looks like it hangs. There is an OK at the top, but there is also a green line and if press the screen the taskbar turns all green and nothing. What am I missing?

what did you find out...i am having the same issue

It's possible you may need to calibrate your screen. Once you click the "X" on the title bar you'll get in. If you don'e see the x just put your stylus on the title bar and drag the window until it appears.

what do you do after you get past this step? Haven't really looked into it. Do you enter in the "hacks" on the headunit? I read somewhere you just copy over the hacked files. However, I am too dumb to really understand I guess.

You really need to read the FAQ. This has been covered countless times. In case your eyes are playing tricks on you, it's the FIRST topic. Also if your eyes are playing tricks on you you should not even be attempting to get into the files and altering the codes.

I have test this program called "testmode" and i think it was coruppted and is also give me some kind of errors

so i keep on searching here till i found another worked one with out any erros. i will upload it for any one who may need it.

after decompres the file put the directory of TESTMODE on the root of SD card , put it in your device , make a Rest or turnoff an turnon your car engine ... wait unitl window screen appear.

now u can access your device by the window exeplorer, please be patient since the the operation takes some time to be accessed

what do you do after you get past this step? Haven't really looked into it. Do you enter in the "hacks" on the headunit? I read somewhere you just copy over the hacked files. However, I am too dumb to really understand I guess.

You really need to read the FAQ. This has been covered countless times. In case your eyes are playing tricks on you, it's the FIRST topic. Also if your eyes are playing tricks on you you should not even be attempting to get into the files and altering the codes.

I have read this. Countless times actually. However, I still do not know where to go from there. It has steps "dot 1" to "dot 4", which only describe how to get into testmode. It does not say what do to after that. I don't even know what testmode is. I have a great deal of experience in programming, but not Pioneer headunits, therefore why should I be an expert? I am simply curious as to what to do after entering testmode. Does my SD card need to have the 2.0 version on it? Can i just change coding while in this magic "testmode" without the having firmware file on my SD card? How do I get to the files I need to get to once I am in testmode?

I think some of the more experienced users should be a little more forgiving when they see posts. If every answer could be solved from the FAQ thread, then there would be absolutely no other need for any other thread, and this forum should be locked. Give us newbs a break.

I have read this. Countless times actually. However, I still do not know where to go from there. It has steps "dot 1" to "dot 4", which only describe how to get into testmode. It does not say what do to after that. I don't even know what testmode is. I have a great deal of experience in programming, but not Pioneer headunits, therefore why should I be an expert? I am simply curious as to what to do after entering testmode. Does my SD card need to have the 2.0 version on it? Can i just change coding while in this magic "testmode" without the having firmware file on my SD card? How do I get to the files I need to get to once I am in testmode?

I think some of the more experienced users should be a little more forgiving when they see posts. If every answer could be solved from the FAQ thread, then there would be absolutely no other need for any other thread, and this forum should be locked. Give us newbs a break.

Read this thread which I found while reading the FAQ a few minutes ago.

viewtopic.php?t=17542

Here's a brief summery, but be sure to read the posts in the link for more exact details. Use an empty SD card that's at least 2gb. After you get in you'll need to backup the MyFlashDisk, do not delete it under any circumstances. With that on your SD card you'll exit the program and remove the SD card from the slot and insert on your PC. Open MyFlashDisk and explore the contents, be sure to turn extensions on. Find data.zip and copy that to your PC. For the most part, it's the files in the data.zip that get changed.

Since you know a thing or two about programming you should do pretty good with it.

FYI - I didn't know squat about programming when I started, but was able to get in change a bunch of stuff just by reading threads over and over. I still have tons to learn and I've been in it since mid November. By no means am I an expert, but getting in through testmode was probably the easiest part of all this for me.

Edited to add: Here's a link from the past that's currently a few theards below this. Info for backing up the MyFlashDisk;

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18068