AVIC411.com

f500 2.0 update with software bypass

If you haven't started modding, now would be the best time to update. Then mod off the new data.zip.

I've had my 500 since November, way before our update was published. There's so much I've done to it that I don't plan on applying the update for fear of not being able to get everything back as it currently is.

Can I make the mods to the data.zip file prior to installing the update and if so can I just upload the modded firmware update or do I need to install the update first then go back and replace the data.zip file?

No, the update file would then fail the CRC check that the updater does. Covered several times in these forums...

Can I make the mods to the data.zip file prior to installing the update and if so can I just upload the modded firmware update or do I need to install the update first then go back and replace the data.zip file?

No, the update file would then fail the CRC check that the updater does. Covered several times in these forums...

redhot8 - joegr is right. I misread your post. I now realize you were talking about the data.zip contained in the update not the data.zip from the MyFlashDisk from the unit itself.

It also just clicked that you're from the G8board and just bought your unit. You may want to check if the update has already been installed prior to delivery. When Pioneer updated the in-dash units they put a blue dot on the box to indicate it had been updated. Not sure if they're doing the same with 500's. Go to MENU>Settings>System Settings>Service Information and see the version number listed. Mine does not have the update and it lists 1.001700

Seems like Sykotek has you all convinced to get the Pioneer 500.