AVIC411.com

Boot F700 to testmode?

I have spent a good deal of time trying to figure out the voice dialing, which includes reading all of the posts regarding voice dial. In going to Stephanie's instructions I'm told to ...boot the F700BT to testmode... go to MYFLASHDRIVE/user, etc. I have been unable to find/figure out how to boot to testmode. I made the mistake of talking with the Pioneer people, not very helpful. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Pioneer will not help, they can't even help with their own products :lol:

Testmode is very simple, you download the testmode.zip found on this site, extract it, and put the 2 folders inside (Testmode and MiTACAP) onto your SD card, put the sd in the slot and turn the car on.

Be sure to calibrate your screen first, otherwise the file edit buttons will be almost impossible to get to.

It's late here, but gotta be later for anyone reading this now. Can't report much success. I did succeed in booting to testmode (really neat), and I was successful in copying the phonebook db file. I even downloaded SQLight-Personal. I modified each of the entries to just seven or ten digit phone numbers, no parens, dashes or screwy symbols. I copied it back to it's original location, rather I replaced the old one, of the same name. But alas, still no voice dial. I did notice that after deleting a couple of records the first two columns became out of sync numbering-wise. The record number and the record ID were out of sync. Would that prevent the voice dialing? I'm already way over my head, but I'm hoping that I can see potential damage before I do damage....

Friday, High Noon - It's really making me crazy, trying to achieve voice dialing. Still no name recognition, yet I corrected the columns (as noted above) and verified that all numbers are strictly numbers, either seven or ten digits. I confirmed that the AVIC received the new file by changing the name of one contact. The change was reflected on the screen.

The only thing different now is that when I say a name it says to shuffle the music????? And I used several different contacts, so it doesn't appear to be misunderstanding me.

CAN ANYONE HELP, PLS....?