AVIC411.com

couple of (gathered) mod questions

How can I make text align in center?

Even with the center tag, it doesn't

I;m quering the speedlimit string. Get that displayed, but it won;t centrate for some reason.

Should I specify length or something?

Sounds like you want to put the text on top of a bmp. If that's the case, take the bmp width and minus what ever the border thickness is or guess to figure the available width available. You'll specify your "x" number just to the left of the border thickness and put w=___ for the available width. Keep the align text as center.

Here's an example I used for the date. The box width is 120 px and the start of the box is at X=678

You'll see I specified the w value as 110 and the start of the x value for the text as 683. This way no matter how the text changes from day to day it'll always be centered and never exceed the past the box.

Hope this helps. The "w" value is important. If you have a text that's too large it'll adjust it automatically so it does not exceed the specified width.

thanks NSEW.

I've changed the topic title, because of the centered alignment is part of other questions...

Here what I have now:

6r5ao1.jpg

riervc.jpg

so here we go:

1. align=center for the bottom line where the speedlimit is being displayed.

Even width a set width, it doesn't work. I tried with and without texmodel=xtxt.

2. I seemed to have lost the exact strings to display the BG of the arrow instructions which also functions as a repeat instructions button. The string is still there, correct background, but somehow it doesn't show. I had it temporary removed before, by just deleting the BMP="" contents.

3. The middle button on the right doesn't let itself move up or down. Not shure anymore if this came from a mod or not. Any suggestions?

1. align=center for the bottom line where the speedlimit is being displayed.

Even width a set width, it doesn't work. I tried with and without texmodel=xtxt.

Here is my code for doing the same thing (albeit with a different font,bmp and position) and my text is in the centre of the sign. I think the key is to set h and w to the same as your bmp and then use valgin="center" and align="center".

2. I seemed to have lost the exact strings to display the BG of the arrow instructions which also functions as a repeat instructions button. The string is still there, correct background, but somehow it doesn't show. I had it temporary removed before, by just deleting the BMP="" contents.

Here is the line in common\ui\navigatemap.ui that sets the bmp for the next move/secondary move

runif vBeta "0" 'sprNMRCockpit.bmp "746_32K_OM-002_32b.bmp",sprSecCorner.bmp "746_32K_OM-004_32b.bmp",sprNMINextStreetBG.bmp "746_32K_OM-006_32b.bmp"'
	else_run 'sprNMRCockpit.bmp "746_32K_OM-003_32b.bmp",sprSecCorner.bmp "746_32K_OM-005_32b.bmp",sprNMINextStreetBG.bmp "746_32K_OM-007_32b.bmp"'

3. The middle button on the right doesn't let itself move up or down. Not shure anymore if this came from a mod or not. Any suggestions?

This button is set in various scripts search for the following 2 commands and change 210 to wherever on the y axis you want the button.

btnNMB_Cursor.y 210

btnNMB_Pos.y 210

Hope this helps

Matt.

Thanks.

center works! :D

The button however doesn't move a pixel.

Tried several directions. Really strange because I moved it myself, but now it stays put.

As for the directions icon BG. Can you please post the query from navigatemap_800_480.ui?

My script was untouched, the query however seems to be incorrect.

Thanks.

Tried several directions. Really strange because I moved it myself, but now it stays put.

As for the directions icon BG. Can you please post the query from navigatemap_800_480.ui?

like the other guy said, search all your ui files for those two and change them all

Thanks.

Is this what you were looking for?

yes that's the one.

hmmm.

Than I need to find 'some' file where it is at.

really strange. Then again, I do not remeber exactly what I've changed before.

You should find them in your navigatemap800_480.ui file under

there's four parts. It's possible you deleted them when you got rid of the boxes around the arrows. That's what these are for.