AVIC411.com

European maps for Avic-F700BT US model???

Hello.

I bought a Avic-F700BT US model from a Ebay store and the store have the following information for International Buyers:

This unit comes with US/Canada Maps. You will need to have international maps (or purchase them from the manufacturer) to use this unit in outside of N America.

This is a US model but will tune radio stations worldwide. The FM broadcast band is 87.8 to 108.0 MHz. so it will not pick up any FM stations outside this range. Also, the tuning is in .1 increments (such as 96.1, 96.2, 96.3, etc.) so all station will be picked up

I live in Norway and have spoken with a pioneer dealer who told me that the radio wont work and that it is not possible to install European maps because the unit is hardware locked for the US.

I am so confused about the information from the local dealer and the Ebay store, I dont know who is right.

Is there anybody here that have any information to how i can get this unit to work for me here in Norway or am I left with a unit i cant use???

Hi,

I've just bought a US model for an australian Audi A3.

The US tuner is set to 200Khz increments in odd steps 97.1, 97.3, 97.9, 101.1 etc - not 100Khz steps as in europe. This means you'll miss a lot of european radio stations. This is the same in australia so works for me.

There's no RDS - not sure if this is the hardware or US firmware. I've taken my unit's cover off this evening and cant see what chips might be missing - guess might just have to try european 2.0 firmware, which as it's windows CE should be easy to recover from if I mess it up.

Download the 8.0 version of maps and worldwide licence files from your favourite site. Version 8.3 maps do not work unless you upgrade the iGo application which I've avoided for now.

Download 'Testmode' from this forum.

Expand and copy both tho a formatted SD card.

Boot into Windows CE using 'Testmode"and get to the explorer window.

You'll need to copy the maps into the correct locations on the flash memory as described on this site

Also, the licence file needs to be copied to the flash memory.

There is also one file called ezrider.exe which is the main navigation executable. teh file on the unit does not allow any other licence file to be used, so copy over the hacked version which does allow teh worldwide licence.

I didnt need to copy any data.zip files over

all working fine :mrgreen:

Hi,

I've just bought a US model for an australian Audi A3.

The US tuner is set to 200Khz increments in odd steps 97.1, 97.3, 97.9, 101.1 etc - not 100Khz steps as in europe. This means you'll miss a lot of european radio stations. This is the same in australia so works for me.

There's no RDS - not sure if this is the hardware or US firmware. I've taken my unit's cover off this evening and cant see what chips might be missing - guess might just have to try european 2.0 firmware, which as it's windows CE should be easy to recover from if I mess it up.

It would be nice if it was possible to "convert" US tuner in European tuner! :D