AVIC411.com

European maps for Avic-F700BT US model???

Hello.

I bought a Avic-F700BT US model from a Ebay store and the store have the following information for International Buyers:

This unit comes with US/Canada Maps. You will need to have international maps (or purchase them from the manufacturer) to use this unit in outside of N America.

This is a US model but will tune radio stations worldwide. The FM broadcast band is 87.8 to 108.0 MHz. so it will not pick up any FM stations outside this range. Also, the tuning is in .1 increments (such as 96.1, 96.2, 96.3, etc.) so all station will be picked up

I live in Norway and have spoken with a pioneer dealer who told me that the radio wont work and that it is not possible to install European maps because the unit is hardware locked for the US.

I am so confused about the information from the local dealer and the Ebay store, I dont know who is right.

Is there anybody here that have any information to how i can get this unit to work for me here in Norway or am I left with a unit i cant use???

Reading this description, I think we've purchased from the same ebay store.

You can load any kind of map with the hacked exrider and license file.

Please read the FAQ in the mod section.

HOWEVER!

this radio tuning to even frequencies seems impossible!

And I'm e-mailing with this ebay store ever since on this item. Merely because untill now that very description is in his auctions.

Only little respons / help comes from his side...

Thank you for your answer, I also have mailed the store and are awaiting feedback on my mail. I will try to install european maps with the hacks, the radio part is not the biggest deal but i hate getting scamed by false info like this. Please lett me know the feadback from the store if you get info from them and I will post back my answer I get from them here.

Some problem here!!! The seller is DigitalCarStore and I guess is the some for everybody.

I have contact them and the response was that this is a fault from Pionier US. But there desription is the some, they didn't change it. THIS IS A FRAUD!!!

I will give them negative, although there service was excellent.

There is a setting that you can change the radio frequency stepping? It's under settings, av settings, and down the rightside at the bottom is FM stepping. Mine is an Australian model and is set to 100. Let me know if yours is different. PS You will have to make sure that your audio is off to change this setting. If the radio, USB, ipod or DVD is playing the boxes will be grayed out.

There is a setting that you can change the radio frequency stepping? It's under settings, av settings, and down the rightside at the bottom is FM stepping. Mine is an Australian model and is set to 100. Let me know if yours is different. PS You will have to make sure that your audio is off to change this setting. If the radio, USB, ipod or DVD is playing the boxes will be grayed out.

HA!

there you go!

But also the Australian models differs.

@sam: yes different models, but they share the same PCB.

Only the software is different I'm confident

Wherw is that setting? Does anyone managed to see a setting like that?

Wherw is that setting? Does anyone managed to see a setting like that?

On my version you Press the main menu button. Down the bottom right under AV source is a settings button. Press it. The next screen on mine has Navi Settings, System Settings, AV settings, AV sound. Select AV settings. The next screen has AV1 Input, AV2 input, Ant Ctrl, Wide Mode at the top, then Mute Input/Guide, rear SP, AM step, FM step. Select FM Step and change to 100k. You'll probably find it's set to 200k. Note that you have to turn off any music/DVD being played or the last 5 boxes appear grayed out.

Does this setting appear? Your menu's might be slight different but this setting should still be there. The Australia version is the same as the european version I've heard. The US version has a lot more on it so you might find that you have more menus.

lacehim