AVIC411.com

VSS connection question

I installed a F900BT yesterday into my 2009 Scoin xB. To make a long story short, I did the hardware bypass and everything works fine, however, I didn't connect the VSS wire. This morning I opened the car back up and connected it to what I believe to be the correct wire.

Now, my question is this. How can I check to see if I attached it to the correct wire? When I drove around a little bit, the speed on the navi seemed more accurate than it had been yesterday, but is there any definitive proof?

Thanks for the help!

I didn't know mine was correct until I went 5 MPH over the speed limit and it told me "You are over the speed limit". Tell me if I am wrong but I just installed the unit yesterday "F900bt" there is a place in the nav that registers your speed. I saw it yesterday I thought but forgot how to get back to it. My VSS wire was a bitch to find out , different sources on the net saying different colors for the wire (for the same car) it was confusing but eventually found it.

2003 Honda Civic SI HB

I didn't know mine was correct until I went 5 MPH over the speed limit and it told me "You are over the speed limit". Tell me if I am wrong but I just installed the unit yesterday "F900bt" there is a place in the nav that registers your speed. I saw it yesterday I thought but forgot how to get back to it. My VSS wire was a bitch to find out , different sources on the net saying different colors for the wire (for the same car) it was confusing but eventually found it.

2003 Honda Civic SI HB

Ya, under navi settings there is a global option that allows you to see the signal strength of the satellite feed and what speed your traveling at. However, that works off the actual satellites (I was getting a speed from it yesterday without the VSS).

I had the same problem finding my VSS wire (in fact, I don't even know if I have the correct wire yet).

• 1 year later...

2003 Honda Civic SI HB

where is the wire? and and what color is it? im gonna be installing a f900bt in my ep3 soon