AVIC411.com

F-90BT : Couple confirmations of issues.

Hey guys,

Like most of you I've had my F90BT since it came out and with the 2.0 firmware it's really helped a lot of issues. I do still have a couple nagging issues I wanted to ask the group if they are experiencing at all.

1. When I play IPOD normally (no navigation) it plays perfectly not sounds quality issues. However I've noticed that when I have navigation going that I get somewhat frequent stutters(1/2 pauses) in the IPOD playback. For the most part it seems to be when the navigation system is recalculating or zooming in a lot. I am guessing this is just another example of weak cpu or bad code, but I wanted to find out if others are having the issue.

2. I seem to be cursed when it comes to IPOD cables. I've gone through 3 of them with different issues. The current one I have for some reason every once in awhile when I start my car the right side audio output is virtually non-existent if I slide the sound to right I can barely hear whispers. I know it's not the speakers b/c they play just fine from other sources and from IPOD sometimes too. The only way I have found to fix the issue seems to be to unplug the IPOD-USBtoUSB connector piece. Once it's plugged back in I immediately get stereo sound again. If I just disconnect the IPOD from the IPOD connector this won't work, I'm not sure why, but I've tried several times it only seems to "fix" itself if I unplug the usb portion. Just FYI all my cable are tight on the back of the unit and they are not stretched or pinched I have lots of excess cable. I'm guessing I just have "another" bad IPOD cable. I'm curious has anyone found any GOOD quality cables to use out there? I don't mind paying extra I'm just sick of these issues with bad quality cables.

Thanks for the help,

Tambu

I get the same issue only because I have my prompt volume turned all the way down. The navigation is still giving turn-by-turn directions and sometime it studders on whatever source I am listening to not just the iPod. You might be experiencing the same thing as me.

Interesting I'd forgotten I'd turned down the navigation prompt volume. I'll have to turn it up and confirm if that is what is causing it. Personally I find the prompts a bit to frequent and annoying I'd like just a nice simple 'beep" so I can look down and see the updated directions. I find it annoying to be told 2-3 times to turn right :)

That is the same reason I turned my volume down as well. Doesn't interrupt my music as often. Traffic is bad enough without having be told turn right in 2 miles, turn right in 3/4 of a mile, turn right in 1/4 mile, turn right 500 ft, turn right at the next right. I got it... turn right. lol