AVIC411.com

Does the 500BT need a external antenna for MSN?

i got this 500bt as a open box and all it came with is the unit,power cord, and cradle..

im trying to set up the MSN on this thing but it wont connect , i know most gps have a external antenna for things like this but i cant seem to find anywhere directly says this unit needs one...

i read the user manual and the only thing it says is it needs to be plugged into the cradle for MSN to work...(and it is)

but there is a external antenna image on one of the ports in the back of the cradle so i was hoping it would be for the MSN but in the "connecting guide" it doesnt really say its for that, just says "external antenna" ...so im back at square one..

i tried looking up a place to even buy this "external antenna" but looks like no one sells it

on the replacement parts site they have something called "DIRECTIONAL ANTENNA" ( http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... 3002000431)

but again no clear answer if its for MSN....hope someone could give me a hand with this ...

thanks