AVIC411.com

Anything New on the Horizon for NAV units?

I'm looking to upgrade my D3, and before I make the plunge to buy a 90bt, I want to make sure that there's nothing new on the horizon from Pioneer. I've searched their press releases, Engadget, and Google... and haven't turned up anything. My poor search skills also translated to the AVIC411 search as well, because I got nothing but unrelated results.

Has anyone heard anything? Or, should I just strike while the iron is hot, and get a 90bt on Amazon for $560? Anyone have a better deal that I'm unaware of?

Thanks for the help...

Yes... but I'm concerned that the price has dropped this low because the current F-series is on clearance... Maybe they're preparing to launch a new model... I don't know what new features it would have... but it would have to have SOMETHING better, right?

I was alerted to the current F-series units in June '08 via email from Pioneer... so I'd assume that sometime in the near future there would be spy shots of the next generation.

Also, does anyone out there know if I'm going to have to pull everything out from my D3 in order to upgrade to the f90bt? Will my bypassed D3 wire harness still do the trick? I have a P10XMT... will that still get me XM radio, even though the 90bt doesn't support XMNavTraffic? I'd just as soon keep all the new cables bundled up and sell them with my D3. It'll also make installation a short and painless procedure. Getting my dashboard apart is enough of a hassle without trying to run new wires as well.

The only model that I heard of being released was F900BT and those are on clearance at Best Buy and other chain stores. But I believe that the biggest reason for the price drop has been because of all the issues with the F-series. Even after V2.0 was released people were hesitant to purchase an F-series, so the prices have fallen. Pioneer does not have anything on their website of new F model and didn't advertise it at CES this year. The F90BT is still selling much higher on other online stores, so the price you have is really good. Even if Pioneer does release a new model you are not to get it any where near that price, your looking at least $1100 for a next gen model.