AVIC411.com

2007 Suburban install help

I'm thinking of putting a avic-f90bt with XM radio in my suburban. Can anyone tell me what all I need? It is a bose dvd system without nav, but has rear screen. I want to keep the steering wheel controls, chimes, on star, RAP, and video to rear screen. Also, is it possible to keep the factory headphones working? I will be putting in new speakers running off a new amp as well, so does Bose really make a difference? What harness is best? Will the PAC OS-4 handle all this by itself?

Also, what is the best looking/matching dash kit for this?

Thanks for your help.

the brand of rear screen will make a differance, my part time installer has a D3 and a factory panasonic flip down in his 06 tahoe and we where able to solder rcas into the signal wires for video in (watch dvd's from the front on the rear) and video out (watch a dvd from the rear of the front)

for steering wheel controlls you will need the SWI-PS

however if you dont use the bose amp, i dont think you can have the onstar still work, the pac module send the new audio into the amp along with the onstar, i haven seen a module that will sent out the onstar sound to the head unit so that you can send out that sound to an aftermarket amp

you could probably use a line output converter after the bose amp to get rca outputs for aftermarket amps and you may get it louder but i dont think this is a great way to go as far as sound quality goes. i would either keep the bose system and all the goodies like onstar, chimes and rap. or you can gut the system and run new amps, speakers, and lose the onstar, rap shouldnt be a problem

Thanks for the info. The rear screen is the factory screen. There is no dvd player attached. It is all run through the factory deck.

you will have to get the wire diagram and find the input wires to solder a video rca on it, but it should work