AVIC411.com

SOLVED! Unit constantly reboots on "System Starting up"

Hey everyone. Haven't been on here in a while. I have been happily using my F-700bt for a while now until last night that is.

On my way home It just rebooted out of nowhere. When it came back up it was constantly saying "System Staring up". It never goes away until it reboots itself a few min later.

Here is what I tried so far:

If I try to go to the map screen it just gets stuck on the warning message.

I can still navigate through some of the menus and when I went to service information it says "No Map Version"

I tried re-downloading the 2.0 update but it just ignores the SD card and boots up like its not in there.

I went into testmode but I can't remember for the life of me where to look to see if the maps are there.

It sounds like the maps are the problem. I don't know why it did this. I can still listen to IPOD/Radio until the next reboot which is really annoying. Any Ideas??? Thanks!

Well I have solved the problem thanks to another gsxr 1k! He provided me with his backup of his F700. After doing a complete reformat in test mode I was able to copy everything back over from his backup. So far so good. Once he sends me his paypal email I'm going to drop a few bucks in for his trouble. Definitely better than sending it back to pioneer for sure! :D