AVIC411.com

I searched and could not find the answer to my problem but if it has been talked about before let me know.

I have a 700BT and I am having trouble with my Ipod Video 5G. The Ipod has version 1.3 firmware. When the Ipod is plugged into the unit it will display all of the artist and other information but it will not play sound. I am using the correct USB cord because music will play when I plug in my IPhone but no audio from the Ipod.

Whew. I hope that makes sense and any direction anyone could lend would be appreciated.

I searched and could not find the answer to my problem but if it has been talked about before let me know.

I have a 700BT and I am having trouble with my Ipod Video 5G. The Ipod has version 1.3 firmware. When the Ipod is plugged into the unit it will display all of the artist and other information but it will not play sound. I am using the correct USB cord because music will play when I plug in my IPhone but no audio from the Ipod.

Whew. I hope that makes sense and any direction anyone could lend would be appreciated.

Most likely you did not use an ipod composite cable that also uses the R/W/Y RCA jacks, that's where the audio and video come into the AVIC, not the USB. (shown in the install manual for hooking up an ipod)

2nd item is you need to change AV1 to ipod.

USB only for the ipod without RCAs means you get perfect ipod control, and no sound.

Go to settings on the ipod and make sure the av out is on NTSC and wide screen - it may affect the audio.?

That didn't seem to work. Anybody else have any ideas? Before I had the 700BT installed I had a factory Honda radio and it controlled the ipod without a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.