AVIC411.com

Caution Screen for GPS

Ok, so the screen info for the safety warning when first logging onto GPS is not part of the Data.zip:ui_pioneer folders. My current assumption is that this is something which could be seperate from the GPS application and maybe part of the mainmenu.exe.

the xmllegal is not it which is referred to in the ui_pioneer folder under file: legal.ui & legal_800_480.ui.

I will investigate the matter further.

Ok, The screen is not located in the Data.zip file. 100% certain.

When you remove the folder - APL2 and load up Mainmenu.exe. It will load the application. When you click on the Direction icon for the gps, the caution screen comes up and then is quickly switched over to the menu screen of the GPS automatically. (I DO NOT SUGEST YOU REMOVE THE APL2 FOLDER) This tells me that at least we might be able to some how get rid of the caution screen automatically in one of the files in the APL2 folder.

The GPS unit remembers that you been into the GPS section already and wont ask the question. It does not mean that the unit itself stores a value in a file that you did so, it could possibly be paging and referencing a memory/RAM location to store the value. This would make more sense for the unit to do so. This is the most likely event. If it actually is storing the value in a file (very unlikely) the unit would have to reset that value every single time the unit is started up and it would be located in its startup sequence where you might be able to set the value to a true statement instead of false.

Furthermore: Find the graphics such as the OK button via a bmp file associated with the Caution screen and do a search on those items to see what scripts/statements/strings they are associated with. By doing so will make finding the actual caution screen more easy.

Ok.

EULA and Legal are not part of the caution screen that pops up prior to opening GPS. These have Text Title's that are: EULA and Safety Instructions and that's what they pertain to.

EXCITING NEWS! :)

In Folder ui_pioneer/common/ui

File Name: variable_def.ui

This is shown: ;Show or not the drive carefully message layer

I'm assuming this is the variable associated with the "Caution" screen advising you how to drive carefully =)

Oh side note: The Caution screen shows up under application heading iGO8 in windows CE

ok, somebody will have to look into this variable and test it on a unit.....as I've been doing this from emulation and am purchasing my unit later on this month :P.

Ok.

EULA and Legal are not part of the caution screen that pops up prior to opening GPS. These have Text Title's that are: EULA and Safety Instructions and that's what they pertain to.

EXCITING NEWS! :)

In Folder ui_pioneer/common/ui

File Name: variable_def.ui

This is shown: ;Show or not the drive carefully message layer

I'm assuming this is the variable associated with the "Caution" screen advising you how to drive carefully =)

Oh side note: The Caution screen shows up under application heading iGO8 in windows CE

ok, somebody will have to look into this variable and test it on a unit.....as I've been doing this from emulation and am purchasing my unit later on this month :P.

so can anyone confirm this?

Don't bother confirming it, it's in the mainmenu.exe

That .ui file is using and interesting......

anyways...what this is doing is that after launching the prog, it's setting that value DriveCarefully to 0 which is what we want...but prior though, so it has to be shoved in somewhere else......into mainmenu.exe

Mainmenu.exe has to be decompiled....it's the source...don't bother with anything else.....

So this is what's happening..........

Mainmenu.exe is setting DriveCarefully variable to 1 at the beginning. So if you shove DriveCarefully=0 somewhere else...it wont do you anygood. when you press ok at the caution screen it then boots up the application for GPS. when you do this it sets the variable DriveCarefully to 0. Since Mainmenu.exe is already booted up, it wont reset the value to 1. That's why the message doesn't pop up again for the second time.

That's the logic.

Decompile Mainmenu.exe.