AVIC411.com

Zune with F-series

Does anyone have a zune that they are currently using with their unit? If so can you control all funtions when plugged into the usb? I got mine about a month ago but was in the hospital and still havent had the money to install so now im going to have to do it myself.

Hey I hadn't thought of doing the IR thing.

I hooked up my Zune using Soundgate's ZNCBLPK

http://www.amazon.com/Soundgate-ZNCBLPAK-System-Package-Digital/dp/B0019M7YM0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238670338&sr=8-1

Then I mounted it in the center console within easy reach.

Pict2598.jpg

(old picture - the cable isn't shown, but comes up from underneath and plugs in the bottom. Also this picture was taken before I got the F90BT, though I continue to use it today.)

What I wasn't doing is pushing the display out as you did via Settings - I like that idea a lot (beats having to look down at what I am selecting). I'll give that a shot today.

• 1 month later...

There is another video where a guy has his zune connected to the rear camera input. This allows him to see the zune, and a small map at the same time.

Since I have a Zune, and am considering an Avic I would like to know the following:

When you connect the Zune to AV1, can you use the GPS?

If you use the rear camera input, can you use the GPS? Will it be just a small screen like in the video?

Zune has a 4:3 ratio. How do videos look on the Pioneer widescreen? Any difference on AV1 and rear camera?