AVIC411.com

Need help downgrading AVIC-D2

Ok, so I downloaded the cndv-80mt west disc a while back and burned it to use on my N1. Sometimes I would get read errors and it would hardly ever let me navigate to a certain route, it would say route calculation not possible. I ended up downgrading it to the 70mt and it worked perfect, Im not sure if it was just a bad download, it was the one from here on 411. Now i have the D2 and I want to try the update, with a new burned disc ofcourse, but I want to be ready to downgrade before I do so, in case i get the same errors.

I read a few posts that said just to do a language switch, and then insert the old disc when it restarts, let it load it up, then switch the language back once its finished. Is it really that easy? With the N1 I remember actually having to go into the Pioneer tech setup menu and even put in a password. I just dont want to get stuck with a bad D2 not being able to downgrade.