AVIC411.com

My New Mazda 6 Sport F900 Install

Were you able to retain your trip computer and clock? (AVG MPG, Miles left until empty, etc.) If so, PLEASE tell me how you did it, I have a 2009 Mazda3 and I havn't installed an aftermarket unit yet because AFAIK, my lcd display will remain blank other than the A/C control portion. Please let me know how you were able to retain the functions, if you were able to do so. Thanks!

-Sean

Doesn't look too bad. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the trim around the Avic sticks out a bit at the top.

Yes it does stick out at the top and in at the bottom, just the way to fits this facia unfortunatly. The facias we have here in the UK are not the best to be honest and the only part I am unhappy with, well apart from the crap mic but that'll be replaced soon with a good parrot mic.

Pioneer do one themselves so i'm waiting for more detailed info from them, also there are a couple of others, one in Australia and one from Japan.

Were you able to retain your trip computer and clock? (AVG MPG, Miles left until empty, etc.) If so, PLEASE tell me how you did it, I have a 2009 Mazda3 and I havn't installed an aftermarket unit yet because AFAIK, my lcd display will remain blank other than the A/C control portion. Please let me know how you were able to retain the functions, if you were able to do so. Thanks!

-Sean

If that inforation is ran through the factory radio, then yes it will be lost. In the RX-8, the clock and track info were lost until Metra released a module to retain them.

-Sean

Well for starters the A/C display is not linked to the head unit in anyway unless you have AI Net Controls (steering wheel controls that can changed the A/C etc..)

The trip is also NOT linked to the radio, however there is only one way to change the trip function on the new Mazda 6 sport and that is through the Ai Net steering wheel controller. The trip function will display what ever it had on it last before you disconnected the radio. It appears that all the steering wheel controls go through the head unit (for the stereo side anyway, the cruise control is not effected).

So you have two choices, either live with one function showing, although if you have the battery disconnected or the trip display is disconnected it will default back to instant MPG showing.

The second choice is to buy a new steering wheel controller, this has vol up/down, track up/down, info, mute and source. You control all but info from the PAC SW which you program and works excellently. The info button is linked via a mazda accessory lead back to the display so that you can cycle the trip functions. That is the only thing I haven't done yet as you have to remove the steering wheel to change the switch panel.

So congrats to Mazda for actually realising this time that people may want to change out the stereo, they even sell bits like a blanking panel to cover the aux in socket if you want to remove it, although they also sell a lead that will connect that socket to a standard red/white phono in for an aux in on a different head unit.

Hope that helps, of course this is for the new 6 so may not be the same. Best bet for you is to take the stereo out and see what still works.

• 2 months later...

Hi andythilo...

I've the information that Connects2.com has a stalk adapter CTSMZ002 that allows to get control of the trip computer functions and that's the only thing you would need. I'm actually waiting for it to be on the market so I can get it. The sales men I contacted has a mazda 6 and says it working perfectly...

Can you comment this info?

• 3 weeks later...