AVIC411.com

having problems accessing Testmode - Help!

Hello! I'm new here, just had my unit installed yesterday and want to turn the dreaded beeps off. Is there any difference between US and UK models with regard to accessing the test mode?

I have followed the instructions and put both the testmode and MiTACAP folders in the root of my SD card. Though when the system boots up I just get this error on the screen....

MapDBinfo:0x1000<=> Device :0x0010

AU: 0x0001

EW: 0x0010

RE: 0x0100

UC: 0x1000

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get round this? I have latest firmware (2.0) installed? I have also reformatted the SD card to Fat 32 wih no joy.

Many thanks in advance.

So I'm not the only one. Somebody here must know something given the level of knowledge around.

On your SD card in MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\MapDBInfo.txt you need to change Area from UC to EW if you are using a EU model and downloaded the tesmode files for the US model.

Yes I did that, but then a window came where the radio copy the files

and suddenly it turned into green and you could not do anything!!

And on the sd card is also nothing !!

Please help

Once it's turned green you are in testmode and need to close the copy window by clicking on the x at the top right with the stylus. If you are having trouble hitting the x then you need to recalabrate your screen through the AVIC menu before you go into test mode.