AVIC411.com

Hey guys, i ran into a bit of an issue. I hooked up a ps2 to my f700bt but running into both audio and visual issues

First with video, i keep getting horizontal lines on my screen that keep traveling up, video comes trhough but those lines are really effing annoying =\

Also on the audio im getting alot of noise =\

both of these problems i don't get when playing a movie off of sd

and the ps2 was tested before putting into the car, no problems

o yea just to give a heads up of my setup

there's the head unit itself, alpine speakers, 2 amps, alpine subs, capacitor, no mods to the head unit except the hand break bypass, and no update to the firmware....

any help would be great... thanks

I'm going to guess that you have all of the cables properly buried inside your car somewhere so that you can't see them.

The first thing you should try is setting the PS2 on the seat or something trying new cables that are NOT hidden. Your problem sounds to me like interference from a nearby cable that is carrying higher voltage (most likely a cable that you ran to get power to the PS2). In home installations, which is obviously much higher voltage, you never want to run electrical cables within 6 feet of video/sound cables - you can cross over them perpendicularly, but don't run them in parallel.

A few things to try:

- Run an extension cord to the PS2 and power it that way to rule out any inverter or poor ground.

- Bring a TV out to the car to hook up to the PS2 while the PS2 is powered by the car to rule out the AVIC.

- Check if there is any difference when the car is running vs. on position. If the problem exists only when the car is running, the alternator could be going bad.

• 1 month later...
the problem is the power inverter. every customer i have that uses cheap power interverters have this problem,Monster makes a great one that filters out the noise from the power side

I've purchased the said power inverter, problem got worse some how... no im not joking