AVIC411.com

Connection between Bluetooth functionality and phonebook

I sync'd to my phone, all the special characters are gone from phone numbers.

NOW, before I go and re-sync this with the AVIC, these special characters don't apply to addresses, correct? Just names and numbers?

Correct! Just names and numbers. The phone sync process does not touch the street address or email address.

Okay, figured this one out. NOTE: I am not responsible for anything the this may screw up in the meantime!!!

I am running WinXP with Outlook2007. Under Control Panel->Phone and Modem Options->Dialing Rules you'll probably see one entry - New Location. Hit Edit. Under Country/region, choose "International Freephone Service". This allowed me to freeform enter the phone numbers without it changing the format.

I sync'd to my phone, all the special characters are gone from phone numbers.

NOW, before I go and re-sync this with the AVIC, these special characters don't apply to addresses, correct? Just names and numbers?

I believe that it is only the contact names - cuz you don't say to the unit "call my friend who lives at 123 main street" - it should only be looking through the contact names to figure out what you're trying to say.

I believe that it is only the contact names - cuz you don't say to the unit "call my friend who lives at 123 main street" - it should only be looking through the contact names to figure out what you're trying to say.

I'm afraid you also need to remove the characters from the phone numbers so there is only numbers so no "()" or "-"