AVIC411.com

AVIC F700BT installation questions

Hello. I have an 05' F150 and started my install last night but am stuck with several questions:

1. I got the factory wiring harness but there is a third harness that plugs into the factory radio. I am assuming this is for the steering wheel controls. I bought the PAC unit (knowing that it will not control the presets) and I am wondering if there is a harness I can use so I don't have to cut the factory harness? If so please send a link or a part#.

2. I have a factory Sub-woofer. How do I hook this up to the AVIC unit? I have read a few posts where a resister is required. Do I need to hook up power to the sub or just connect the Sub out RCA cables from the AVIC unit?

3. Does anyone have detailed instructions on installing the PAC SWI-PS unit in an 05' F-150? The PAC instructions are confusing.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards,

WFR

for the pac all you wil have to do is grab acc (red) and ground (black) at the aftermarket harness and tap the white wire into the lt blue/red wire (pin 18) then follow the programming instrutions, there is no need to cut the harness, just strip a little bit of insulation off of the wire and solder to it (soldering is important because the system uses different resistances for different buttons on the same wire, and if your connection is weak or has added resistance, you will have inconsistancys with the controlls)

the factory sub is even easier, all you need to do is plug in the rca's and hook up the amp turn on wire(blue/white), you will need to place a resistor (1450 ohm) in line (in series) with the turn on wire to keep the sub from "popping" when it turns on. the power and groung wires are already ran to the sub amp all you need to do is give it the signal (RCA's) and tell it when to turn on ("remote amp turn on" or "system remote control")

you will need to place a resistor (1450 ohm) in line (in series) with the turn on wire to keep the sub from "popping" when it turns on. the power and groung wires are already ran to the sub amp all you need to do is give it the signal (RCA's) and tell it when to turn on ("remote amp turn on" or "system remote control")

Thanks a million for the help. I didn't think it would be that easy. Only a few more questions:

If I am understanding this correctly I need to find the wire that went into the rear of the factory stereo that powered the amp on... If I am correct-

Does anyone know what wire the "Power Amp On wire" is on the 05' F150 wiring harness?

Also, what does the color code on a 1450 ohm resistor look like? Would a 1500 Ohm work?

Thanks again,

WFR

the harness that you bought (03 ford and up audiophile)should have came with two plugs, the larger of the two is all the main audio and power (and the resistance wire for the pac) and a smaller plug for the subs that has rca's that plug into the avic, this smaller harness also has a blue/white wire that turns on the amps