AVIC411.com

avic-f700bt and T-Mobile G1 phone

After spending several hours digging around in the Internet it seems that the G1 phone does not have the option of sending business cards over Bluetooth. There is an application available to send contacts via SMS, but not BT.

Having established that, I was wondering if it is possible to import the contacts list into the avic f700bt via other methods.

I also cannot find any reference to transferring contacts by other methods. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer contacts to the avic-f700bt through USB or SD Card?

...I don't think you HAVE to use the business card function... I'm going to assume that your phone is already paired and the AVIC already connects to it automatically when you turn on your car?

Just tell the AVIC to get the contacts from your phone... I posted this in another thread:

I never did anything actually *on my phone* after the initial pairing. I told the AVIC to get the numbers, and then it took a while, but it finished fine (only about 150 contacts). My phone never even lit up like something was happening... it just worked...

As far as I know, there is no way to transfer your contacts from your phone other than via Bluetooth. There is a way, however, to EDIT the contacts via a little application that somebody here created. I'm wondering now if you can just load up that application and then start from scratch and enter all of your desired contacts by typing them in and then replacing a file on the AVIC...

anyone with the G1 phone been able to get play music on the F900BT via usb mass storage?

I have my SD card partitioned into 2 partitions (fat32/ext2) and when I connect the phone to the unit and select to mount the fat32 partition on the F900BT all looks good. But the icon for USB on F900BT never lights up, just grayed out. I should also mention it is a 16GB SDHC microSD card I have in my phone.

1 gb partition for ext2

15 gb partition for fat32

It used to work fine on my 1gb microsd card that had only 1 fat32 partition. Not sure if having 2 partitions is causing an issue, or the size of the sdhc card is the issue. Ideas?