AVIC411.com

BRICKED IT........any ideas out there?

So I managed to brick my unit. The toolkit will start to load after power on, but only makes it part way through before the unit turns itself off. This is the unfortunate situation after having deleted a flash drive folder to replace it with a virgin one from another unit via the SD drive. My fault really, the truck power turned off part way through the delete/replacement process. Duh......

Any ideas how I might get it up into a window I can use to restore my flash drive (given the toolkit doesn't seem to want to come up anymore).???

Maybe a trip to the Pioneer service center is in this unit's future.

So I managed to brick my unit. The toolkit will start to load after power on, but only makes it part way through before the unit turns itself off. This is the unfortunate situation after having deleted a flash drive folder to replace it with a virgin one from another unit via the SD drive. My fault really, the truck power turned off part way through the delete/replacement process. Duh......

Any ideas how I might get it up into a window I can use to restore my flash drive (given the toolkit doesn't seem to want to come up anymore).???

Maybe a trip to the Pioneer service center is in this unit's future.

check this post,

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695&start=330#p159234

I did the same but i fixed it. this is how, go to walmart buy a flash drive,and download testmode then use your PC and put test mode on your falash drive, open your MiTACAP ,look for IGO,open it, look for APL2, and replace it with the new APL2 ,i hope you have this a backup form ,befor you started modding your AVIC ? then plug the flash drive into your avic,then trun it on , you will see the light flash on your flash drive,,when or if you may get to pioneer loading,try to go to your gps display,but it will not let you.so your hit the ok key about 30- 40 times ,fast , are more,and keep doing this till the falsh drive stops blanking,then trun it off your AVIC . I hope you have a 2 GB SD CARD , you have to edit the testmode ,buy putting it into your PC SD slot,make sure you format it FAT ,IF the format did work take the fast format off ,then try formatting it,then once your put your downloaded test mode on your SD card , open your MiTACAP ,look for IGO,open it, look for APL2, and replace it with a backup,i hope you have a backup? p.s. IF THIS DIDNT WORK I WILL SEND YOU THE HOLD TESTMODE AND MY BACKUP, I SUED TO CACK MY AVIC WITH, THIS JSHOUL WORK FOR ALL AVIC F WITH THIS PROB. :mrgreen::D:D:D8)8)