AVIC411.com

I have the F90BT and I loose my seetings when I turn the car off. I know its probably a wire but dont know which one, any ideas so I can let the install guys know. They didnt have a diagram during the install so they were kinda in the dark somewhat. Everything else is working good. Also how do I turn the nav voice off so its not always telling me how to get home? Any place to get a diagram of the wiring? Thanks.

I have the F90BT and I loose my seetings when I turn the car off. I know its probably a wire but dont know which one, any ideas so I can let the install guys know. They didnt have a diagram during the install so they were kinda in the dark somewhat. Everything else is working good. Also how do I turn the nav voice off so its not always telling me how to get home? Any place to get a diagram of the wiring? Thanks.

i think your acc wire is loose,

agreed^^^ check your ACC wire.

about the voice telling you how to get home: delete the route and the voice will go away. thats what i do. there are some software mods available that make it easier, such as the one from cmh that has a stop button on the nav screen.

I had this problem too when first installed. Turned out it was due to the reset button not being pushed after first being installed. After i pushed it, as the manual states you have to, it has worked fine.

I have to reset it!? I never did this... What is it supposed to do? What am I missing?

there are some software mods available that make it easier

I highly recommend this. HIGHLY. Seriously - don't waste any more time: go do it. http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Tap_C ... ncel_Route

Tried the reset button and still doesnt work. Heres what happens: When I set my settings and turn the car off and just sit in the car for a minute and turn it back on, its all there. But when I leave the car for a few minutes its all gone. Is that a miss placed wire or something?

it is no way the ACC wire, the ACC tells the radio when to turn on and off, and the ACC wire shuts off EVERY TIME the key is taken out , so if there was a problem with the acc wire the radio would not stay on. if there is a problem with a wire it would be the yellow constant wire AKA the memory wire. this wire has 12V all the time so the radio can keep time and all of its settings. it could be a ground wire just as easy as it could be a constant wire. if there was any problem with any of these wires being "loose" the radio would randomly shut off while driving down the road

since he is not complaining about his radio shuting off, I am going to agree with joegr, have them switch the ACC and constsnt wires with each other and see if it fixes the problem, i have seen it a bunch of times with installers that dont use harnesses, the car always has the ACC wire powered, and when you turn the key on the car turns on the constant wire which allows the radio to turn on, then when you turn the car off it cuts power to the constant wire therefor making the radio forget all the settings. i have also came across this problem with some cars (like a Benze or BMW) where it uses the VW harness but the ACC and Constant pins are reversed.

that makes sense and I will have them check that. My car is a 2008 Audi TT and none of the shops here even knew where to get the harness and face kit so I had to do the research and get them from the UK. So all the shops were a little stumped with my car. Even tho Augusta, GA is the 2nd largest city in GA its still kinda in the past with no real performance shops or good install shops.