AVIC411.com

Contemplating an F900BT purchase

hello good people. I just picked up an '08 SRT Dodge Caliber and it has the lowest of head units in it. The Chrysler MyGig is way too much money to stick in this thing so I searched out alternatives and well here I am.

It seems these Pioneer units had a bit of trouble in the beginning but that the latest firmware has solved most of the buggy issues. My question to all of you is how happy of a purchase do you think it would be for me to pick up one of the F900's?

Thanks for any help.

-Grigsby

I just finished installing mine. I like the features, the configurability, and the overall performance. Only downsides- a bit of noise during button presses, HD radio and Siruis work, but the lack of presets names are a bit annoying. I hacked it right away to get rid of the button press sounds, but otherwise it's stock.

Tim

i have had mine installed now in my impala for about a month or so and would not trade it for anything. i had a little hiccup a few days ago, but got it fixed very easily with the help of this site. turns out, it was somewhat of a blessing in disguise because it opened me up to the software mods. :D i approve of this unit 100%.