AVIC411.com

F90BT stuck in camera view, no boot, among other things

Sorry if this has been discussed. I looked and found some simiular cases, but none like mine. I installed an AVIC-F90BT 2 weeks ago.It was cool.

Had a few glitches tell I had all the settings correct. Then it started having trouble with the menu button when it would first come on. Then it would only start by pressing the map. Around the same time it was always starting in camera view. Then I had to reset it about very third time. Now it's stuck in camera view. NO MUSIC, NO MAP, NO ANYTHING! Does this thing really have that many problems, or did I get a lemon?

I do have a camera hooked up, so it's not getting confused over camera on/no camera found loop

I have not done any alterations or updates that my have screwed it up.

By the way I work for Auto Trim Design and have been in the customising business for 25 years and have installed my share of stereos and other electronics, so I doubt it's an installation problem.

if there is a problem with the Reverse wire, the unit might think that the car is always in reverse, i would definitly un hook the reverse wire and see if it will boot up properly, if not then it sounds like there is a problem with the unit,

dont ever rule out an installation error, even professional installers can make mistakes, ive seen a few times where the reverse wire just gets pinched and the unit always thinks that the car is in reverse, i have also seen these units f@#% up, anythings possible

The reverse wire is not hooked up and I've pulled the deck to verify nothing is pinched. Other than the 3 sets of phono plug wires running to the amp the deck only has 6 wires:

Ground

Positive - constant

Positive - Acc

Park brake - ground

Power ant

Amp switch

Besides it seems odd that the thing had one major organ failure after another till it froze.

Try grounding the reverse wire. If it stays the same, apply power to the reverse wire. If the polarity for the backup camera(in settings menu) is set wrong, it will think it is in reverse all the time when it is actually unhooked.

I tried all of that when I could still access the menu features. I even had the camera turned off and the wire disconnected and it would still start in camera view. Anyhow Sonic issued me a return authorization for an exchange so we'll see if I had a lemon or if all this crap is from a poorly designed unit.