AVIC411.com

MSN Direct Help?

I just bought my F90BT and from what I've read, I think it comes with a free trial for MSN Direct. I looked on MSN's website and it says there that I need to get my product key by going into the MSN Direct on my Unit and clicking on "Status". I did this but it just showed me a messages saying "Connecting to MSN Direct" for about 15 minutes. Is this normal? Or what could be the problem here? Any help is appreciated.

-Brian

OK, My MSN Direct finally started to work...well, kinda. The Traffic and the Gas prices work but the movie times and the weather aren't working. Is there a way to fix this or is it just a problem that I have to deal with? Thanks.

-Brian

That worked! Thank you! I put in the product key and everything on the website but it hasn't shown up yet on my receiver. Does it usually take a while to activate on the receiver?

When you enter your info on the website, you need to have your car on. Sometime during the next 10 minutes or so it will attempt to send some stuff to your radio which 'activates' it.

You should check the Status of MSN to make sure it's activated. If it hasn't, you can go back to the website to have them re-send the activation to your radio. (This will continually fail if your car is out of range.. so if you tried a few times and no go, drive somewhere with the car).

Once it's activated, information about traffic, weather, movies, gas filters SLOWLY to your radio... If you have bad signal, it can take even longer. Again, driving around might help if you're in a bad reception area.