AVIC411.com

How to play MP3s from a blackberry 83xx

Hi. I just bought a F90BT (manufactured June 2008 but with 2.0 update) and I have been trying everything I can think of to get the media files in my Blackberry 8320 to play through the F90BT. I've tried bluetooth (which I now know was fruitless due to lack of A2DP support) and USB. The failure of the F90BT to recognize the blackberry as a USB storage device (unlike my computer's USB interface) was especially disappointing. I can only hope I'm doing something wrong.

Any thoughts on how to cleanly play the media files in my Blackberry through the F90BT? TIA!

Thanks Diane, appreciate the response. But the unsightly visible tether to the dash is something I'd like to avoid. Ideal: Bluetooth - which i now know is out of the question. That leaves USB in the glove box, which I struggle to understand why this does not work. Has anyone gotten access to Blackberry 8300/83XX media files via that route? And if not, would that be considered a bug that Pioneer should fix in an upcoming software update or new model intro (e.g. 9110)?

Again thanks for your responses...this is an awesome resource and the main reason why I have not returned my F90BT (yet).

Thanks Diane, appreciate the response. But the unsightly visible tether to the dash is something I'd like to avoid. Ideal: Bluetooth - which i now know is out of the question. That leaves USB in the glove box, which I struggle to understand why this does not work. Has anyone gotten access to Blackberry 8300/83XX media files via that route? And if not, would that be considered a bug that Pioneer should fix in an upcoming software update or new model intro (e.g. 9110)?

Again thanks for your responses...this is an awesome resource and the main reason why I have not returned my F90BT (yet).

Not attaching to the BB via USB is not a "bug" it was never advertised to do that, not only that, if you look at the errata sheets that come with the unit, they have seriously backed off of using the USB for much more then ipod connectivity, they pretty much say "you're on your own with USB connections"

However if you're not using the ipod interface function, you could just get a 3.5mm to RCA cable and connect it to the back of the AVIC.

I have an F700BT and can play media files via the USB connection in the glove box.

Set up:

F700BT

Pioneer Ipod cable CDIU230V

Blackberry 8330

16GB Micro SD

The files take a while to load, but i can eventually play them. I was also able to play the videos stored on the BB's SD.

Not sure if that information helps.

The problem I currently have is "no album artwork" with a 5th Gen Classic 120GB iPod. Funny thing is, I was able to see lalbum artwork at one point, but once I updated every album (260+) with the artwork from amazon.com the feature stopped working.