AVIC411.com

Looking for advice on which headunit to buy

Im in need of a new headunit and after lurking on the board here for some time learning about all the hacks and "upgrades" that can be made, I think Ive found the one. Im not a stranger to car audio by any means but now that Im at the point of buying one I turn to u guys that seem to have a passion or a love/hate relationship with the new units. I get lots of mixed reviews from other places(ie other owners and car fourms) Some people love it and says it works fine and others hate it and switch to something else. So I guess what Im asking is despite all the reports of things not working and having to return units 2-3 times for them to be corrected is it safe to buy a 900BT? Is the pioneer f-series full of issues?(correctable or not) What about other units like the alpine IVA-W505/p1 or the kenwood DNX-8210? Im sure thats not a question I really should be asking here but I like doing my homework before buying something like this. Any input would be great.

thanks for your time

-nick

I've never had an indash navi before the F90BT so I can't make a comparison for you. I do however, like it very much. As long as you're patient with it (since it's sometimes slow to respond), the F series is a great all around unit.

The Bluetooth works great, iPod functionality works great, and the navi feature is about as good as any other I've used. There's some annoyances that I've learned to deal with, but for the price I can't complain.