AVIC411.com

Installing AVIC-d2 in a 2004 F-250.

I have recently purchased D2 & Xm reciever to install in my '04 F250. I already have an alpine ovhd monitor with seperate dvd player, amp and sub installed. The web retailer stated they are going to send the wiring harness and mounting bracket for my truck.

1. How difficult of an install is this unit on a '04 F250?
2. Whats the best location for the antennas?
3. What else will I need to hook up my DVD player to the unit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Jody
[quote name="jbtrahan"]I have recently purchased D2 & Xm reciever to install in my '04 F250. I already have an alpine ovhd monitor with seperate dvd player, amp and sub installed. The web retailer stated they are going to send the wiring harness and mounting bracket for my truck.

1. How difficult of an install is this unit on a '04 F250?
2. Whats the best location for the antennas?
3. What else will I need to hook up my DVD player to the unit?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Jody[/quote]

1. Not hard to install at all. Here's the extra wires you'll need to tie into to get the most accurate info.
Reverse Light black/pink + fuse box
Speed Sense gray/black instrument cluster or
Notes: Also found at the radio on vehicles that have the in-dash CD changer.

2. Most people just put them right on to of the dash.

3. Without actually seeing how it's hooked up I can't really tell you what else you'll need to hook the overhead up to the d2.

My turn to ask some questions.
1. Does the audio fom the dvd player come through the radio on a radio station?
2. Does your truck curently have the stock radio in it?
1. Yes, the DVD does come thru an FM mod. It has a toggle switch under the steering colum to activate. The actual DVD player has audio and video outputs (RCA). My plan was to use the video/audio outs to the aux. on the D2.
2. Yes, the truck does have a single CD stock radio. I have installed a PAC unit to hook up my amp.
3. I have also installed a XM sat. system (audiovox Xpress). This uses a FM mod. also.
Ok, you can get rid of the fm mod. then hook the audio wires from that fm mod to the aux input of the d2. Then you'll have to run a video wire from the dvd player's video out to the video input of the d2. Your xm setup won't change at all. As for the subs, you'll remove the pac module and hook the rcas directly up to the sub output of the d2. Also if that pacc module created the remote turnon for you, then you'll have to hook the remote wire up to the d2 as well.
I have installed the D2, the only problem I'm having is I can't seem to find the grey and black wire for the VSS on my truck. I have looked under the dash and under the hood. If someone has found the wire on this type of truck, could you please give the exact location? Also, what’s the best location to install the XM receiver? I am thinking about installing it just above the glove box. If you know of a better locations please advice.

Thanks