AVIC411.com

cars and AVIC-Z1

• 2 weeks later...
Well after many, many test drives, I had the dealer order me a ford 500. My next step is to get everything together for the install once my car comes in. I am probably just going to take it to circuit city and have it installed, they said that they would do the bypass for me. Anyone have any experience with the nationwide stores doing the bypass? I would hate to get everything done and them not actually bypass it.
[quote name="hennet"]Anyone have any experience with the nationwide stores doing the bypass? I would hate to get everything done and them not actually bypass it.[/quote]
If they do bypass it, consider yourself a VERY lucky man! They are forbidden, due to possible liability since it's a federal law not to have video in the view of the driver while the vehicle is in motion. The person at CircuitCity could lose his job if it was found out, so keep it hush hush ;)
To get my 2 cents in the 300C is a fine selection.
But i will say this relizing that you said sedan/auto as opposed to suv but I have a 2002 Pathfinder and I love right where the Z1 sits. I can have the elbow rest comfortably on the arm rest/consol and the wrist rests atop the shifter and the Z1 is right there at the end of the finger tips. Not any difficulty with having to lean forward or sit up or yadda yadda yadda. With the tilt on MAX+ looks great and comfortable to interact with as well.

matt
VT