AVIC411.com

Another F700 Constant Rebooting Issue

Basically this started happening when my throwout bearing gave out and I had the drive the car about 100 miles without the clutch disengaging. If you guys know how to do it then you will realize that I had to shut the car off and start it in 1st gear many many many times... many times while the F700 was booting up I had to shut the car off to get it in 1st and then turn the car over.

So it went through some hell.

Now the F700 will boot up but it will show the "starting system" message at the bottom for like 2 min... and it will then reboot. During that time, whatever menus that are not covered by that retarded message I can go through. It will still restart over and over. It will no longer play sound through it anymore as well (amp powered).

All I did was hit the reset button - didn't do anything.

What do you suggest I do? I got it in December so it should have a warranty still...

You have about 7 choices. Searching would have given them to you...

1. Try deleting the 4 gpsparaX.bin files.

2. Try reinstalling the 2.0 update.

3. Send it back to Pioneer, they'll fix it, would cost you $200 if it were out of warranty.

4. Deal with it rebooting

5. Try taking it back to the shop you got it from.

6. Reload it from a backup copy of the software.

7. Send me an PM with your e-mail address, begging and pleading for a copy of my backup files.