AVIC411.com

2008.4 maps posted on Usenet

Some guy I may know may have found the 2008.4 maps and spent the time to download them and avoiding the spam and garbage from those megaupload sites, reboxed it and put it on alt.binaries.boneless last night. Just a rumor I heard from a guy I know.

So for those with usenet access, it's a reliable source to get the maps without having to deal with all the other hassle.

binsearch.info search link to the post:

http://www.binsearch.info/?q=igo+8&max= ... e=&server=

Some guy I may know may have found the 2008.4 maps and spent the time to download them and avoiding the spam and garbage from those megaupload sites, reboxed it and put it on alt.binaries.boneless last night. Just a rumor I heard from a guy I know.

So for those with usenet access, it's a reliable source to get the maps without having to deal with all the other hassle.

binsearch.info search link to the post:

http://www.binsearch.info/?q=igo+8&max= ... e=&server=

Thanks for the tip, and just to give more details on the usenet post:

Map provider: TeleaAtlas

Map closure date: April 2008

Map release date(by NNG): 13 june 2008.

All maps checked and working with iGO 8.0.0.xxxxx, so should work with the F series(not checked yet).

And to avoid other questions, no, I don't intend to do a repost on

rapidshare/megaupload/etc. That's why You have the 14days/10GB trial accounts at the

premium news providers...

h

P.S.: @ilja - The latest map what I have is Australia8_R15_080318 - just a little newer than

the previously circulated North American(080303) maps...

Cheers h5550,

did a google on the map file, found it here amongst the maps for the rest of the world, all iGO 8 maps:

http://travel.frankazoid.com/igo/maps/8/?C=N;O=D

Thanks for the link, all the maps(as far I can tell) are for the iGO 8.0.0.xxxxx series.

The North American maps are from 3rd march '08, previous to the usenet release.

Anyway, it's a nice collection of maps from all over the world, even they are not the latest

release...;)

Unfortunately, still no Mexico map for the 8.0.0.xxxxx series...

h

hmm,had a feeling I saw mexico somewhere,but I may be wrong. I found the latest AUS and it is the same as the Aussie bloke included in hit threat Australian map update. (15.1)

Cannot believe it is easier to google maps then just run searches through rapidshare search engines, it does both :-)

Do you know if there is a map of Spain more modern than the one on that page?

I have maps most modern for IGO 8.3, but can't work in the Avic. I do not know if anything can be done to work.

The newest map for the 8.0.0.xxxxx(AVIC) series is Spain8_2008.10_081222.fbl,

which mens that the map has been closed in October 2008, and released on 22 December 2008.

h

¿Link, please? I would be very grateful.

It works directly on the Avic, or to do something to recognize it?

Do a Google search for the filename ;) ...then you can choose from where to download from... :twisted:

The map size is 102.939.397 byte, so if the founded file is bigger than that, you're set( usually the

archives include the POI's and buildings). On the second part: if you installed the ezrider patch,

then yes, the map works directly with the AVIC F series...

h