AVIC411.com

F900BT - Backup camera issue

I've had my 900BT for about 4 months and it worked perfect. All of sudden last week, the backup camera intermittently stopped coming on when putting the vehicle in reverse. I am able to choose the rear camera from the source screen and it works fine. Sometimes it when putting the vehicle in reverse, it will come on for a second or two and then pop back to the previous screen. Does anybody have any ideas? Now the unit will not fire up the backup camera unless I manually choose to do so. Otherwise, the unit is operating flawless.

What type of backup camera do you have? I installed the Boyo VTL400 rear-view camera about 5 months ago and it work flawlessly up until the last month. I started to experience the same issue as you, the radio wouldn't revert to the backup camera when putting the vehicle in reverse. There were a few instances where it would go to rear view mode but the screen would display white lines, going to the review camera manually would work. Its actually gotten worse since then, it displays white lines everytime I start the car and attempt to use it but after about 10 mins of driving the camera's picture will work correctly. I've checked all my connections and everything looks good, I did check the review of the camera on Cruchfield where I got the camera for free when I ordered my F900BT. Reviews for it were pretty bad so I think its most likey due to the crappy camera. Probably going to get the pioneer camera and see if that resolves my issue.

It would seem highly unlikely that the AVIC would be going bad.

LOL! yeah, that NEVER happens....

check the purple wire wire you connected to the reverse power wire ..

there is an inline resistor (in a little black cylinder) and you can start by checking that.. checking all your connections.

Did you tap the reverse power wire? Or another OEM reverse wire?

How did you ground the camera?

You say that when you FORCE the AVIC into rear camera ON it's working flawlessly, but when you attempt to reverse .. the image goes out after a few seconds? Sounds like your reverse wire connection...

if you are able to force the CAMERA to rear view ON.. that means you've double wired the power to the camera and you either a) have implemented a toggle switch or B) always have the camera running ... which is it?