AVIC411.com

Nokia E51 Bluetooth Info and Problems

This is quite an interesting combo- the Nokia E51 with a F90BT. It's worked perfectly at times, and other times been completely unusable.

Initial phonebook transfer was automatic and included all contacts from my SIM card and the phone memory itself. Names were correct, but there was no difference between home and mobile numbers.

Second time, I transferred the contacts individually using business cards. The names came Last First, but showed home and mobile. Each card had to be sent manually.

Third time, I downloaded and used the Nokia N810 contacts download software (in the programs on the phone as Download Contacts). It was a bit weird, but once it worked, worked quickly. All names from the phone memory transferred Last First, but with mobile/home listed. SIM contacts were not included. This is what I highly recommend doing (unless you only have certain contacts you want on the F90BT or the Last First name bothers you)

When the F90BT shows AT&T as the service provider, it allows me to send and receive calls. When the F90BT doesn't, I can neither send nor receive calls (though the phone and F90BT show pairing). When it is working, but hangs after a call; I found that turning off the bluetooth on the Nokia lets the F90BT resume it's normal operation.

Summary, I've had some successes, some failures, and right now am not using bluetooth at all because I can't get it to work. I've paired and re-paired, downgraded and upgraded bluetooth firmware, and reset the F90BT all to no avail. As far as I'm concerned, Pioneer should have never advertised bluetooth if it didn't work. When it works, it's great. The thing is it doesn't work 90% of the time... If you check the bluetooth firmware, it's RC3. So it's essentially still 'beta'. If anybody has had similar issues to mine and is willing to share the solution, I would love to hear it!

If you have Symbian S60, good luck. Try the N810 contacts manager. It makes transferring contacts easier.

Thanks.

Tim

• 4 weeks later...