AVIC411.com

In progress: Internet access from Avic

I just wanted to bring the information i posted about internet access into a new thread since it. (I pasted the information below since it is off-topic from the original post of that thread)

Current Status: A SDW-820 Wireless card is on order. I will update this thread once i recieve it. This card seems to work with other standalone GPS with Windows CE special driver.

**************Pasted from the other thread************************

It appears that the bluetooth device is not a device installed on the windows CE side.

It appears to be part of the other circuit board which contains the amp, fm, dvd etc. On the windows CE side, they just seem to have the control software installed and it seems to control the bluetooth module with special pioneer APIs.

So what this really means is that there is no way to use this bluetooth connection for windows CE internet access even after installing a 3rd party bluetooth stack or software.

Now we still have two other means to get internet going.

1. Using a SDIO wireless card. This seems to work with lots of GPS units running on windows CE. Spectec SDW-820 appears to be most popular

2. Using USB. Either via Activesync or through usb wifi card.

SDIO wifi card seems to be easiest.

Does anyone have a wireless card to try this our. I downloaded a wireless driver that was supposed to work in the windows CE environment