AVIC411.com

Hi Guys

I recently had a 700bt installed by a reputable sound shop in my town, approximately 1 month ago.

Unit has been working good uptil yesterday.

Got in my car, went to start it up and no splash screen, eject, menu, and map light come on for 15 seconds, then shut off. I can hear the fan running. I have tried the reset button, 1st for 5 seconds, then for 10 seconds, also with the eject button held in. I've also tried disconnecting the battery.

I have also tried the testmode, but it does not access the SD card. CD player doesn't work either. I have an appointment to have the deck looked at next Friday. That's a week away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

J

Hi Guys

I recently had a 700bt installed by a reputable sound shop in my town, approximately 1 month ago.

Unit has been working good uptil yesterday.

Got in my car, went to start it up and no splash screen, eject, menu, and map light come on for 15 seconds, then shut off. I can hear the fan running. I have tried the reset button, 1st for 5 seconds, then for 10 seconds, also with the eject button held in. I've also tried disconnecting the battery.

I have also tried the testmode, but it does not access the SD card. CD player doesn't work either. I have an appointment to have the deck looked at next Friday. That's a week away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

J

do you have any mods?

I'm gunna make this real easy for you --> since you got it installed by a REPUTABLE install shop -- take it back to these reputable guys and have them deal with it, b/c I guarantee you that you don't wanna work on this yourself and you probably have a hardware failure.

Smartest thing anyone can do with their AVIC purchases is buy it from a shop that warrants their work and products, and/or from BestBuy with a warranty b/c you WILL be taking it in multiple times during your ownership, and you WILL be frustrated.

Sorry this is happening to you.