AVIC411.com

Is this right? F500BT & ND-G500 Install

the F500 scenario you propose may have a major shortcoming

any F500 scenario with a system as complexed as his (indash mobile video, 4 channel amp, and sub amp) is going to have a major short coming or two, thats why when you replace your head unit with a fancy one like the 4000 you might as well just get one with all the options you want so that way you dont have to figure out how you want to rig it up with extra stuff, and how you can make "most of it work"

100% correct U R

the F500 scenario you propose may have a major shortcoming

any F500 scenario with a system as complexed as his (indash mobile video, 4 channel amp, and sub amp) is going to have a major short coming or two, thats why when you replace your head unit with a fancy one like the 4000 you might as well just get one with all the options you want so that way you dont have to figure out how you want to rig it up with extra stuff, and how you can make "most of it work"

I guess i forgot to mention...i dont not have a 4 channel amp...just a sub amp.... Basically what i want to do is to listen to the original p4000dvd with the sub...then when the navi is giving commands.... to mute the p4000dvd so the avic can be heard through the speakers...i do not care about the avic being able to utilize the sub.

In this scenario...how would i hook up the unit

Ok after a little break...and some more pondering hers what ive come up with....

Run thespeaker leads from the hu to the ndg-500 like a factory unit....will double amplify my door speakers(once from the HU and once from the NDG500)...but should not be a problem.

For the sub...heres the plan.... i had an extra PAC TR4 laying around so heres my thoughts.... (TR4 is a tigger accessory which accepts low voltage off of speaker leads and such and creates a 12volt output)

The plan is to connect the low voltage reader to the aux cable that goes into the audio input in the ndg500. Then run the 12 volt lead to the mute cable of the p4000dvd. This will mute subwoofer when the avic is pronouncing its commands. And i will still be able to run my subwoofer off of the hu preamped output

What yall think

Let me give a little insight. The avic NDG500 assumes that you are amplifying at the head unit. The NDG500 is the means the avic uses to interupt (mute) sound during avic output. The NDG500 does not amplify the HU output. The NDG500 amplifies the AVIC ouput to attempt to match the already amplified HU output. The logic pioneer used was to come up with the best place to control both HU output to speakers and AVIC ouput to speakers; this to allow AVIC commands and AVIC music output.

your idea is good, but there will not be double amplification, however, there will be amplification from two sources. Have you checked the trigger to see if it induces delayed amp power up. Have you checked for pops or clicks during the triggering. Could be a simple annoyance or a voice coil buster at worst.

keep us posted

Also if you use an Ipod or sd card for music. you will have no bass. It is already a little weak, so you will not be satisfied with AVIC music. It appears that this is not a concern based on your postings.

Ok after a little break...and some more pondering hers what ive come up with....

Run thespeaker leads from the hu to the ndg-500 like a factory unit....will double amplify my door speakers(once from the HU and once from the NDG500)...but should not be a problem.

For the sub...heres the plan.... i had an extra PAC TR4 laying around so heres my thoughts.... (TR4 is a tigger accessory which accepts low voltage off of speaker leads and such and creates a 12volt output)

The plan is to connect the low voltage reader to the aux cable that goes into the audio input in the ndg500. Then run the 12 volt lead to the mute cable of the p4000dvd. This will mute subwoofer when the avic is pronouncing its commands. And i will still be able to run my subwoofer off of the hu preamped output

What yall think

It does'nt have a pop....but has a 1 second delay which i see can be a problem now.

My alpine amp has speaker level inputs...so i'm trying to figure out how i can splice the wires to make them work...

Im not going to be using the ipod..or sd card...or usb...as my 4000 already has those....just concerned about navigation and blue tooth