AVIC411.com

Ipod questions

I don't own an ipod so that's why I'm asking

I own a F900bt.

If I connect an Ipod to it with the original CD-IUV230V Pioneer cable, will it (the ipod) do this:

- Turn on, when the Avic turns on

- start playing from where it stoped

- turn of when the avic turns off and paused the song until the avic turns on again

??

or do i still have to manually turn on/off and press play/pause on the ipod?

tnx

Hi Sergio,

Yes it will turn on with the F900BT, it will also be charged by the F900BT, it will pause when your turn it off, and resume from where you left off when you turn it back on. The only thing won't do is pause when you receive a call but that doesn't happen for any media that I've come across.

I bought a 120Gb Ipod Classic and I've also tested my Wife's 8Gb Nano and they both worked great, and also played Video (When encoded to ipod format) without an issue to the head unit and the rear screens.

The only problem I've come across is with audiobooks being placed into the music folder on the F900BT when they are under Audiobooks in my ipod. Still working on a solution for that one. It might just be a setting I'm missing in itunes.

Oh, and one thing I found with the ipod is that it takes some work to get it going. Albums need to be set up in itunes as compilation albums, multiple disc albums, album art etc. Took me a while but it was worth it because it's so much easier to search for songs or genre or albums. I backed up all my 225 CDs while too me ages.

Good luck.